[Librecmc-devel] Asus ac5300

Robert Call (Bob) bob at librecmc.org
Thu Nov 29 20:34:02 EST 2018

https://gogs.librecmc.org/libreCMC/libreCMC/src/v1.4/docs/OpenVPN_Layer_2_Server.md

> However, Layer 2 is somewhat unusual approach, usually people want to
> set up a Layer 3 OpenVPN server, and you weren't asking about servers
> anyway.
>
> On Thu, 2018-11-29 at 21:29 +0000, bo0od wrote:
> > Hi There,
> >
> > Im from Whonix Anonymous OS staff, and i found librecmc sucha great
> > piece of software for the future.
> >
> > Im using Asus ac5300 with dd-wrt , but sadly i couldnt find it in
> > the
> > supported hardware with librecmc.
> >
> > so to make it supported, i can donate my router to your
> > organization but
> > will that be useful?

Thank you for your interest in the libreCMC project. Sadly, the
libreCMC project won't be able to support this router in the
foreseeable future. At a quick glance, this router uses Broadcom wifi
chipsets that require non-free drivers / non-free loadable firmware
blobs. At this point in time, there are no free software 802.11ac
chipsets available.

Most of the routers that the project supports[1] use an ath9k based
chipset for wifi or have a mini pci-e slot where a non-free wifi
chipset can be replaced.

[1]
https://gogs.librecmc.org/libreCMC/libreCMC/src/v1.4/docs/Supported_Hardware.md

--