[Librecmc-devel] request regarding router support information
emitter at hush.com
Mon Oct 8 04:57:16 EDT 2018
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Fri, 2018-10-05 at 09:49 -0800, Christopher Howard wrote:
> I think Robert was purposes disclaiming those sorts of assurances,
> since he doesn't have acccess to the hardware, but openwrt has a
> techdata page on that version:
> It claims a serial interface of 115200 / 8N1, and has a (dead) link
> to U-Boot TFTP recovery. I think both methods are tricky if you don't
> know what you are doing. I should think though if you managed to get
> it installed by TFTP, you'd be able to figure out recovery via TFTP.
> Christopher Howard
> Enterprise Solutions Manager
> Alaska Satellite Internet
> 3239 La Ree Way
> Fairbanks, Alaska 99709
> p: 1-888-396-5623
> f: 1-888-260-3584
I have tried to do the following:
1. Fetched the image for WR1043N v5.0 (LibreCMC 1.4.5).
2. Installed TFTPD and copied the image to
3. Started TFTPD and Wireshark.
4. Started the router and replugged the computer to it.
5. Stopped Networkmanager and assigned 192.168.0.66 via "ip address".
6. Pressed the reset button for 10-15 seconds.
7. Noticed in Wireshark that TFTP protocol packets were transmitted in
a few seconds and then stopped transfering.
8. Waited 15 minutes for the router to finish recovery or installation.
9. Pressed the reset button for 3 seconds.
10. Hooked the computer up via Ethernet and WLAN, noted that the SSID
is still stock firmware for WLAN.
I don't know what could be wrong.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the Librecmc-devel