[Librecmc-devel] request regarding router support information

Christopher Howard christopher at alaskasi.com
Mon Oct 8 12:25:58 EDT 2018

On Mon, 2018-10-08 at 10:57 +0200, Andreas Nilsson wrote:

> I have tried to do the following:
>
> 1. Fetched the image for WR1043N v5.0 (LibreCMC 1.4.5).
> 2. Installed TFTPD and copied the image to
> /srv/tftp/WR1043v5_tp_recovery.bin.
> 3. Started TFTPD and Wireshark.
> 4. Started the router and replugged the computer to it.
> 5. Stopped Networkmanager and assigned 192.168.0.66 via "ip address".
> 6. Pressed the reset button for 10-15 seconds.
> 7. Noticed in Wireshark that TFTP protocol packets were transmitted
> in
> a few seconds and then stopped transfering.
> 8. Waited 15 minutes for the router to finish recovery or
> installation.
> 9. Pressed the reset button for 3 seconds.
> 10. Hooked the computer up via Ethernet and WLAN, noted that the SSID
> is still stock firmware for WLAN.
>
> I don't know what could be wrong.
>
> Kind regards,
> Andreas

Hi, I don't have anything really insightful to add, as I'm not familiar
with the procedure. But these are the areas I would start looking into:

(1) I would see if the Wireshark data could tell me more. Does it look
like the whole file is being transferred?
(2) I would double check TFTP configuration and permission
(user/group/bits) on the file. And see if TFTP logs could tell me
anything.

--
Christopher Howard
Enterprise Solutions Manager