[Librecmc-users] Are Liberapay donations still accepted by the project?

Robert Call (Bob) bob at librecmc.org
Sat Jan 5 10:16:14 EST 2019

On Fri, 2019-01-04 at 22:16 +0000, grizzlyuser wrote:
> I'd like to donate some money using Liberapay (as it looks like the
> only option listed in the libreCMC website). But first I want to make
> sure there's currently no issue with donations for the project
> through this service.

That is a great question and should be clarified on the site. Liberapay
did have some issues a little while back and it was disabled on the
project site during this uncertain period. After the transition, I
sadly had to link a PayPal account to continue using the
platform. After this transition, a few people have managed to donated
to the project through Liberapay.

The reason that the project went with Liberapay in the first place was
to support a free software platform for collecting funds for free
culture/software works. We could have just added a PayPal donation
link, but I feel there are some issues with that.

As it stands now, the sole way to donate to the project is through
Liberapay. I am open to the possibility of adding other donation
methods if you have any suggestions.

--
Robert Call (Bob)
bob at librecmc.org