[Librecmc-users] TP-Link TL-WR1043N flash failure

Kete substruction at riseup.net
Thu Mar 28 10:23:13 EDT 2019

Hello fellow freedom lovers,

As I posted on the OpenWRT forum, I've hit a wall with this router, the
TP-Link TL-WR1043N. I haven't set up the router, and I reset it to
factory defaults. From https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr1043nd, I've
followed these instructions:

 1. Rename OpenWRT or original firmware to WR1043v5_tp_recovery.bin
 2. Set static IP of your PC to /192.168.0.66/

But this didn't happen:

    Router will obtain IP 192.168.0.86 for a few seconds while loading,
when reset button pressed at power On.

What happened was the webapp flashed back to the login, and when I try
to flash again, it says, "This operation is not allowed for remote
management." After another factory reset, it only says the "operation is
not allowed...."

Am I supposed to reset? This is my first time trying to flash, so I
might have missed the basics. I can also meet on Freenode. I see
Minifree has started selling a libreCMC router/service, but I read that
their shipping is expensive; it /is/ overseas.

Thanks for reading,
Kete

--
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/
Ask for my public key or use this command in GNU/Linux to download the key: