[Librecmc-users] Flashing an image by command line

Robert Call (Bob) bob at librecmc.org
Mon May 20 19:32:57 EDT 2019

On Mon, 2019-05-20 at 11:18 +0200, Marcel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A few years ago I bought the ThinkPenguin TPE-NWIFIROUTER2 router.
> Recently I accidentally installed the image without the web
> interface
> and now I cant configure anything anymore :(
>
> Could someone tell me please how to flash the web interface image
> using
> only the command line?

1) Download the correct image[2]

2) Verify the image against [1]:

sha256usm $IMG_FILE

3) If the sha256sum matches:

scp $IMG_FILE root at 192.168.10.1:/tmp/

4) ssh root at 192.168.10.1

5) cd /tmp

6) sha256sum $IMG_FILE

7) sysupgrade -c $IMG_FILE

If you want sysupgrade to download and install the image for you (high
risk):

1) ssh root at 192.168.10.1

2) sysupgrade -c $URL_OF_IMG_FILE # See [2], make sure that there are
no new line or spaces in the URL.

[1]
https://librecmc.org/librecmc/downloads/snapshots/v1.4.7-legacy/ar71xx/generic/sha256sums

[2]