[Librecmc-users] What image should i choose to update my router?

Christopher Waid chris at thinkpenguin.com
Sat Jul 24 20:55:41 EDT 2021

On 2021-07-23 08:21 AM, Vivien Kraus wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a TPE R1100 router from thinkpenguin. Last time I upgraded, I
> was advised to choose this one:
>
> https://librecmc.org/librecmc/downloads/snapshots/v1.4.5/ar71xx/generic
> /librecmc-ar71xx-generic-tpe-r1100-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin
>
> (Yes, I know, this was some time ago)
>
> But now, this generic image is in the ath79 directory and not ar71xx
> anymore, so I suspect that there might be a problem.
>
> Also, when I try to use the web interface to flash the image, I get a
> message in red reading:
> The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format. Make sure
> that you choose the generic image format for your platform.
>
> So, which image should I choose for the update?

If you are already on a LibreCMC 1.5 release then the directions for
upgrading are posted here:

https://www.thinkpenguin.com/gnu-linux/vpn-mini-wireless-router-firmware-upgrade-instructions-upgrading-tpe-r1100-tpe-r1200-libre

To upgrade the TPE-R1100 router you need this image:

https://librecmc.org/librecmc/downloads/snapshots/v1.5.5/targets/ath79/generic/librecmc-ath79-generic-thinkpenguin_tpe-r1100-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin